Thursday, December 29, 2011

First Construction Project

After telling my wife and kids for 16yrs that we would put a bathroom in the basement, I finally got that project done after the boys had moved out.
I picked a spot in what used to be our laundry/utility room. As you can see it was a pretty dark and dingy corner.
  I decided to put my toilet up off the floor, in order to both save money and avoid cutting the basement floor.  I started with a small sub floor  4ft X 8ft.
The toilet was raise to 24" from the floor, this allowed for proper flow in the sewer  I connected into. With it being so high I added a step in front of it. The toilet platform is 4ft X 4ft.

 I put in a wall mounted sink to save on money and room. The medicine cabinet was bought at a thrift store for $2.00.

My Dad and I went to Menards and picked up this door. The door was in the return goods area and marked at $30.00. Well Dad and I found a sales person and ask if they would take 15 for the door. The guy took out a marker and lowered it to $15.00 right then. We had a great time that day.


Here are a few pictures of when I was finished with it. All the decorating was done by my wonderful wife Tracy





I almost forgot that Tracy let me pick out the paint color, and the Pirates Theme. Making it a real man's bathroom.

I put this entire bathroom in for around $300.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment