Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wood Working Vise

I saw this vise for under the work bench on line for $179.00  Well that would not do for me!!

I made my own vise for $25.00, For That price I went ahead and made a set of them. The only thing I wish I would have spent the extra money and used Acme All Thread instead of standard thread. This just means I have to crank it a few extra times.



Now I must admit that I have access to a lathe and mill, which made this quite easy for me to make. Main body of my vises are made from aluminum.  The handles and slide rods are made from cold roll steel
I made the slide device removable in case I ever need to replace the threaded rod.
 I will have to just put these away for a little while as of right now I don't have a shop to work in. Looks like that will be in Feb. Then I'm sure they will be great mounted under my work bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment