Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Coat Rack




  Now that we have a bench for the mud room, Tracy and I thought we should have a place to hang our coats.  I had a piece of 1 X 4 left over from building the X Bench. I also had 4 hooks left from a project I had built a couple of years ago.


  Tracy had gone to Iowa City to be with Steph, Michael and Brynlee. Steph was not feeling well and they needed a little help.

  The plan was to do a little router work on the board, stain to match the bench, and hang it all before Tracy returned in a couple days.

  When I started to do the router work on the board, it all went wrong, the side split out and the board was ruined


  Luckily I had an 8ft piece of 1 X 4. I just cut a new one and started over. I  pre-drilled my holes and put the first coat of stain on the next day.



   It was almost a week later than I had planned, but the coat rack is finished and mounted. With the bench  and coat rack our mud room is now complete.



No comments:

Post a Comment