Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rustic X Bench

  Tracy and I needed a small bench in the mud room, I made an X bench so we would have a place to sit while taking our shoes off. 


  I received a pocket hole jig for Christmas and this was a great chance to use it. Pocket holes are a great way to hide the screws. They are also one of the easiest and strongest joints you can make.


  I put a 5 degree taper on the legs to give a nice base with plenty of support.



  With a router I put a nice edge on the seat of our bench



  All that was left to do was sand and finish the bench, I put 2 coats of Minwax one step stain and polyurethane. Here are some additional pictures.





  Here are the dimensions of the bench, I used the plans from Ana White.

This is the finished bench 






Below is the picture from the Pottery Barn web site,  Rustic bench that sells for $129.00.

I made my bench for less than $20.00





No comments:

Post a Comment