Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bar Stools (Chalk Paint)

  This project was my first attempt at using  Anna Sloan Chalk Paint.  This is a paint that is designed to paint over anything without sanding or prep work.



 My wife Tracy found this pair of bar stools on a buy,sell and trade site for $4.00. Sense they were painted a very ugly color and varnished, we thought this would be a great test for the Chalk Paint.


Removing the seats and wiping the stools down with a damp cloth is the only prep work that was done.




After the first coat of paint I thought this project was going to be a complete failure.


















It just didn't seem to be covering the old paint, They just looked bad and I expected more from my first coat.



I kept going, and added the second coat about an hour later.

The 2nd coat covered the stools very nicely


To seal the paint after it dries there is a wax to put on. It is very easy to use, just like waxing your car.





These pictures show the finished bar stools, after the wax was buffed off. Now I was pretty impressed with this paint.



I have a much larger item that I will be trying this paint on in the next couple of weeks. The next piece has a plastic type vernier as the finish. I'll let you all know how it works out .

No comments:

Post a Comment